USD holds around Fridays close (USDIndex 104.85), Stocks closed higher on Friday (S&P500 +1.06%) but FUTS have slipped and Yields are down again (-4.51%). Asian shares are mixed after Chinese developer Shimao defaults and Covid concerns rise again. (Hang Seng -0.30%, Nikkei +0.84%) Oil ticks higher, Gold tests $1815 & BTC tests $19k. European FUTS also mixed. Russia claims victory in “liberated” Luhansk region and accuses Ukraine of shelling Belgorod. AUD outperforms in Asian session.
Week Ahead – Topped by NFP on Friday, FOMC Minutes on Wednesday and RBA rate decision tomorrow
- USDIndex tested 105.36 Friday before slipping back to 104.85 now.
- Equities – USA500 closed +39 (3825), US500FUTS lower at 3810 now.
- Yields 10-year yield lower, closed down at 2.889% , trades at 2.880% now.
- Oil & Gold had mixed sessions – USOil has rallied to $108.70 now from $104.55 Friday. Gold spiked to $1815 earlier from a $1785 low on Friday.
- Bitcoin continues to trade under $20K, testing $19K today.
- FX Markets – EURUSD tested under 1.0400 Friday following record CPI (8.6%) now back to 1.0425, USDJPY cooled again to 134.75 on Friday back to 135. 40 now. Cable trades at 1.2110 now, from lows at 1.1975 Friday after weak PMIs.
Overnight – Australian Building Approvals jumped surprisingly to 9.9% vs -2.0%. German Trade Balance, missed significantly, turning negative at -1.0b vs. 4.2b, & Swiss CPI, hotter at 0.7%.
Today – EZ PPI, Speeches from ECB’s Elderson, Nagel & de Guindos, US Independence Day holiday.
Biggest FX Mover @ (06:30 GMT) AUDJPY (+0.60%). AUD out performed today. Rallied from 91.40 test on Friday to 92.64 now and a key resistance. MAs aligning higher, MACD histogram negative but rising, RSI 58.3 & rising, H1 ATR 0.251, Daily ATR 1.432.
Click here to access our Economic Calendar
Head Market Analyst
Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in Leveraged Products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.