Over the summer I was lucky enough to land a great job I plan to be at for years so I’ve decided to finally start setting myself up for the future. My starting salary is 75K and I get a yearly bonus, I’ll also be eligible for a promotion in 4 months or so.
So far I’ve
- Built an emergency fund of 20K
- Increased my 401K contribution to 6% to get the full 7% company match.
- Opened a Roth IRA and set up $500 monthly deposits.
- Opened a HSA and set up $250 monthly deposits
- All accounts above are investing in a 2055 Index Fund
- I fully paid off my 2016 car and plan to use it for at least 3 more years.
- Fully paid off all credit card debt
- Credit score is currently 730ish
- I’m currently renting an apartment and my lease isn’t up until next summer.
Is there anything else that I should be doing? Is it just continuing to budget and increasing 401K contribution as much as I can? Do I open a separate account to start savings for the first home? Do I look at some more volatile investment options like crypto?